Wednesday, March 20, 2019

A New Design

I've been busy this winter with survival issues related to firewood and dealing with wrecked roads due to huge rains here in Mendocino County, CA.  Not much time for making hats, but I do want to post a couple of new ones.  

I had a custom order for two hats from some very nice folks in Arizona.  One was a lighter weight hat for spring and the other a very warm winter hat.  The winter hat actually ended up inspiring a new style.  It's a sort of cross between a small tam and my modified fez hat style.  The fez hat is usually flat on top with extra body created by using two ply yarn that sort of tweedy.  I also incorporate a longish tassel with a bead on the end.  I call this a tassel fez. The one pictured here is modified to make the top a bit wider and turned under.  My customer liked this style but instead of the tassel, he wanted a design in browns with blue and green accents



So this is what I came up with.  A modified tassel fez hat but with a design on top instead of the tassel.  He loved it, and it's still cold enough to wear this winter!

No comments: